Position Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director, Oweesta
Job Level: Exempt
Position Summary: To assist the Executive Director and Executive Team to ensure the overall efficient and effective management of the operations of the Oweesta Corporation. This role includes supporting communications, fundraising, scheduling, and other administrative functions. Is a key member of the Oweesta Corporation leadership team responsible for working together to secure the long-term future for this national Native community development financial institution.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Executive Director and Executive Team Support Responsibilities
- Prepare and produce documents, including high-level proofreading, editing and formatting.
- Maintain Executive Director and organizational master calendar.
- Perform research and project support tasks.
- Coordinate Oweesta Corporation resources (both staff and material resources) and logistical preparations for meetings, presentations, etc.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and conference attendance for Executive staff.
- Manage electronic filing.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Board of Directors Support Responsibilities
- Prepare materials for quarterly board meetings and finance committee meetings.
- Type and send meeting minutes for board and committee meetings.
- Prepare and update board orientation materials.
- Maintain vendor files and contacts. Research vendor options, review bills and communicate with vendors as needed.
- Support the Executive Director and the Oweesta team with grant requests and public relations activities.
- Implements aspects of the organization’s strategic plan relevant to the responsibilities of this position.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- At least 3 years relevant administrative experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Tribal communities or diverse communities preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite products packages, (Word, Outlook, Access, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of online communication products; PowerPoint, Mail Chimp, Survey Monkey.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule as requested by the Executive Director.
- Work schedule might involve some evening and weekend work.
- Might be asked to travel for multiple days in a row.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Krystal Langholz, Chief Operating Officer of Oweesta, at Krystal@oweesta.org.