Training: Virtual Building Native Communities: Train-the-Trainer Training
Date: November 1-17, 2021
Trainers: Stephanie Cote, Programs Officer, Oweesta Corporation; Lanalle Smith, Programs Office, Oweesta Corporation
Eligibility: Open to Public
Cost: Free to Attend
Contact: Stephanie Cote, Stephanie@oweesta.org; Lanalle Smith, Lanalle@oweesta.org
Oweesta Corporation is pleased to announce our upcoming 5th Edition Building Native Communities: Financial Skills for Families Train-the-Trainer, in partnership with the Wells Fargo Foundation. Held virtually over November 1-17, 2021, the training will be conducted on Mondays and Wednesdays from 12-2:45pm MT.
This training will offer a virtual instructor training and certification program to help Native CDFIs, tribes, and other Native organizations establish and sustain financial education programs in their communities. We will be accepting registration applications to attend this training until September 1, 2021, or until filled. Early and quality applications will be prioritized, so please register early and fully complete the following registration application. Due to the generosity of the Wells Fargo Foundation, this training has no registration fees.
The training is structured to cover 6 sessions over a 3 week period:
- Monday, 11/1 – Session 1: Welcome and Training Tips and Techniques
- Wednesday, 11/3 – Session 2: Teachback Assignments, Building a Healthy Economy, and Developing a Spending Plan
- Monday, 11/8 – Session 3: Banking 101 and Credit Journey
- Wednesday, 11/10 – Session 4: Credit & Loans and Home is Where the Heart Is
- Monday, 11/15 – Session 5: Circle of Life and Supplemental Lessons
- Wednesday, 11/17 – Session 6: Teachbacks and Exam
View the full agenda
This training will cover:
- Effective financial education training techniques and resources
- An in-depth look at the Building Native Communities: Financial Skills for Families 5th Edition curriculum
Upon completion of the training, participants will be prepared to successfully pass the Building Native Communities: Financial Skills for Families 5th Edition certification exam, becoming BNC certified financial education trainers. Participants must attend and complete all days of training, participate in an oral presentation, and pass the exam to be certified as an instructor.