Job Level: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Programs
Hours: Full Time
Status: Open Until Filled
The Programs Coordinator assists all departments with delivery and expansion of Oweesta’s portfolio of programmatic work (primarily trainings/events) for Oweesta’s Native constituents, encompassing a variety of different duties and responsibilities.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
- Research and maintain a database of training/event locations, hotels, food, partners for trainings/events; tracking training/event dates across the organization;
o Secure multiple bids for larger training/event costs;
o Be mindful of budgets per training/event;
- Manage ordering, maintenance, and shipping of training/event supplies;
- Coordinate with communications team around communications and marketing of trainings/events in collaboration with relevant team members;
- Develop and manage events in events management platform, Cvent, in collaboration with relevant team members;
- Support training/event team members in coordinating with training/event participants (reminder emails, follow up emails, etc.);
- Contributes to the development, delivery and tracking of training/technical assistance products and services for Oweesta’s target market(s) with Native communities, including data entry and management; creating and sending follow up evaluations of trainings/events, and sending out training certificates;
- Become certified in Oweesta’s BNC financial education curricula and co-train as needed;
- Serves as support staff and provides full range of administrative assistance, including support in drafting scopes of work for trainings and technical assistance for clients;
- Occasional data entry for market study analysis, technical assistance trainings, and general purposes;
- Prepares information into professional quality documents;
- Works with other staff on interdisciplinary efforts;
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- Experience providing event coordination and planning in similar organization/field;
- Experience with Native nonprofit organization, community or economic development nonprofit.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Computer experience utilizing Windows and Microsoft Office Suite required;
- Willingness to learn event management platform (Cvent), project management platform (Asana), and any other platforms as needed to complete job duties;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Capacity to understand and execute complex oral and written instructions;
- Ability to work under diverse situations and multi-task;
- Possess the awareness of the complexities of community development in Native communities;
- Availability and willingness to travel on occasion.
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to Heather Rademacher Taylor, Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oweesta Corporation (OWEESTA) is a national Native community development financial institution. Oweesta’s mission is to provide opportunities for Native people to develop financial assets and create wealth by assisting in the establishment of strong, permanent institutions and programs contributing to economic independence and strengthening sovereignty for all Native communities.