Current Job Opening
Position Title: Programs Officer
Reports To: Director of Programs
Job Level: Exempt
Hours: Full time
First Nations Oweesta Corporation (Oweesta) is a certified national Native community development financial institution. Oweesta’s programs and services include lending, capacity building, and financial education and asset building. Oweesta focuses on the development of strong Native institutions and asset building programs. Oweesta is currently seeking a qualified applicant for the following position.
The Programs Officer and TA Provider will provide technical assistance and training to Native CDFI and Native nonprofits. Maintains partnerships, subcontracts and other collaborative efforts while continuing to broaden the market penetration for Oweesta’s products and programs. Assist the Director of Programs and other Oweesta staff as a member of a growing and mission-focused team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide quality training and technical assistance in various areas of organizational development for Native CDFIs and nonprofits.
- Contributes to the development, delivery and tracking of wholesale and customized training/technical assistance products and services, particularly Native CDFIs, for Oweesta’s target market(s) with Native communities.
- Provides logistical, programmatic, research and planning support for training and technical assistance projects and programs, including Native financial institution development and related physical, legal and social infrastructure.
- Pursues private and public contract and grant-based proposals to deliver products and services.
- Works with the training, technical assistance and contract management (including numerous consultants) staff to facilitate smooth delivery of training and technical assistance within budgetary requirements.
- Works with Communications and other Oweesta staff to market Oweesta’s other services and products to potential and existing clients.
- Works with other staff on interdisciplinary efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience required. Graduate degree in related field beneficial.
- Minimum two years’ experience with Native nonprofit organization and/or other community/economic development NGO–preferred in the financial institution/CDFI development field.
- Experience in Native community/economic development helpful.
- Preferred two years’ experience providing facilitation, client service, contract fulfillment, consulting, presentations and event planning in similar organization/field.
- Preferred two years staff and/or consultant supervision experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to think independently while working in close-knit office environment.
- Some awareness of the complexities and challenges of community development finance and small business development in Native communities.
- Strong business and customer service skills required.
- Ability to work constructively with diverse constituents and as a participant on multi-disciplinary teams required.
- Ability to travel frequently required.
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel. Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position. Oweesta supports and complies with ADA.
Oweesta offers competitive salaries and benefits including health, dental, life and disability insurance and Simple IRA pension plan.
If interested, please email your resume, cover letter, and three references to Heather Rademacher Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28.