Title: NCP108 Native CDFI Practitioners Financial Management III
Dates: Month DD-DD, YYYY
Description: The Financial Management III course presents an overview of advanced accounting concepts used in non-profit accounting. Participants will be introduced to payroll allocations, financial policies, internal controls, separation of duties, cash management, grant management, use of federal funds, and auditing. The course will also give participants a foundational understanding of the concepts used for preparing financial projections and performing advanced financial analysis. This course is a hands-on interactive course and participants will participate in a mock audit, prepare financial projections, prepare payroll allocations, and be provided the tools to do advanced financial reporting for their CDFI’s leadership, board, and other stakeholders.
This multi-day training will cover:
- Payroll and allocations
- Board roles and responsibilities
- Financial Policies-accounting processes and procedures, internal controls, separation of duties
- Cash management and cash available for lending, and total lending capital
- Grant Management and use of federal funds
- Procurement guidance for non-profits
- Auditing/990-what is an independent audit, auditor’s report, single audit, federal law requirements, does my CDFI need a single audit, how is a single audit different from a regular independent audit.
- Financial Projections
- Advanced Financial Analysis
- Advanced Financial Reporting
This training is required for the Financial Management Specialization Track of the Native CDFI Practitioner Certification Program.