Title: NCP105 Native CDFI Practitioners Loan Portfolio Management
Dates: Month DD-DD, YYYY
Description: Native CDFI’s operate as revolving loan funds providing loan products to their communities to support the financial wellness, resilience and viability for consumers and small business owners in a culturally responsive way. This course is designed as a Loan Officer certification training and is the second session of a two-session training.
Loan Officer practitioners will learn in an interactive and creative peer-to-peer learning environment the fundamentals of loan portfolio management to successfully monitor and manage their revolving loan fund. In this second session of the Loan Officer Certification Track, practitioners will learn the role and responsibilities of the Loan Officer in managing the loan client relationships through strategic and careful loan portfolio management & monitoring. Practitioners will work through loan portfolio management activities to learn the fundamentals of managing the inherent risk of the loan portfolio to protect the safety and soundness of the Native CDFI.
This multi-day training will cover:
- Comprehend the role of loan officer in loan portfolio management
- Understand loan policy and loan processes and procedures and how they relate to managing risk
- Understand the importance of risk rating and how it relates to loan loss reserve
- Understand basic loan portfolio management & monitoring processes
- Learn the components of managing risk, from due diligence, underwriting, loan documentation, loan closing and careful loan monitoring
- Recognize early indicators or “red flags” within the loan portfolio that indicate potential credit risk
- Understand responsibilities in managing Loan Delinquencies, Loan Restructuring and Loan Foreclosure
This training is required for the Lending Specialization Track of the Native CDFI Practitioner Certification Program.