Title: NCP103 Native CDFI Practitioners Financial Management II
Dates: Month DD-DD, YYYY
Description: The Financial Management II course presents an overview of advanced fund accounting concepts used in non-profit accounting. Participants will be introduced to fund and functional expense reporting for non-profits, budget development and expense allocation, pass-thru revenue and associated expenditures, uniform guidance revenue recognition, and earned income. The course will also give participants a foundational understanding of the concepts used for managing the cash flow associated with asset and liability management and calculating the expected loss provision. This course is a hands-on interactive course and participants will perform relevant transaction processing and prepare a budget, a functional expense report, and a statement of activity by fund.
This multi-day training will cover:
- Fund and functional expense accounting
- Budgeting and Allocating
- Pass-thru revenue and associated expenditures
- Revenue Recognition-Deferred Revenue/Refundable Advances-Federal Grant-Revenue
- Earned Income-Fees, Interest, Contracts
- Asset/Liability Management and Cash Flow
- Cost of Capital/Loan Pricing
- Expected Loss Provision Expense-CEC
This training is required for the Financial Management Specialization Track and the Executive Specialization Track of the Native CDFI Practitioner Certification Program.